Yeast risen spinach and goat cheese braids, these lovely braids make a great snack or a side dish for your lunch next to your salad. The goat cheese and the spinach melt to gether and make a great combination for this braided bread. Enjoy it warm, they can be kept in the fridge for 3 days or in the freezer for 3 months.
Spinach Goat Cheese Braides
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 10 0z frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp milk or water
- 1 egg
- To make the dough: Combine all the of the dough ingredients, and mix and kneed them together by hand or by a mixer until soft and smooth dough.Allow the dough to rise covered in a warm place for about 45 to 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- To make the filling: While the dough is rising, prepare the filling by mixing all the ingredients together until smooth. Chill until ready to use.
- To assemble: Transfer the dough in a work surface and divide into four pieces. Roll each piece into a rectangle of 11" x 7". Spread one fourth of the filling lengthwise down the center third of each rectangle. Cut 1 inch from each side of the filling out to the edges. Fold one inch strip at a time across the filling alternating from side to side.
- Transfer on a lined baking sheet. Let it rise for 45 to 1 hour, until puffed up.
- Preheat the oven to 370F.
- Whisk together the egg and the water/milk and brush over the braided bread. Bake the braids for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and let cool on a rack.