Muhallabia is a simple pudding with milk cornstarch and sugar flavored with blossom here. Other flavorings include rose water etc. This recipe works best if used whole milk to get a rich flavor instead of lower fat milk. It is delicious on its own however this recipe calls for mango purée as a topping. You can equally replace the mango puree with any other fruit of your choice. Enjoy this delicious middle eastern pudding dessert.
Muhallabia With Mangoes
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom water
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 ripe mango chopped
- Dry Fruits
- Chopped Fruits
- In a small bowl add the cornstarch and two tablespoons of milk or water and mix until smooth.
- Heat the milk and sugar in a saucepan on a medium heat, when milk is about to boil add the cornstarch mixture and mix constantly until mixture becomes thick remove from heat. Add the orange blossom water and mix.
- Pour mixture into a serving glasses than refrigerate to cool for at least two hours.
- Puree the chopped mangoes sweeten if you wish bu adding spoonful of sugar to taste. Refrigerate the mango puree.
- Before serving top with the mango puree.