This creamy rice pudding recipe is a great way to use unflavored left over rice, then milk and sugar is added along with raisins, cinnamon and vanilla to create a creamy rich flavorful creamy rice dessert that will wow you guests. Use this recipe as a dessert or a side dish or how about it for breakfast. Enjoy this sweet dessert cold or warm.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 tablespoons sugar to taste
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cook the rice, milk, and cinnamon in a saucepan over a medium heat, bring it to a boil while stirring constantly , to prevent sticking on the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer on a low covered for 20 minutes, stir occasionally to avoid scorching and sticking on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the sugar, salt vanilla and the raisins and mix until combined, cook for another 5 minutes. Then remove from heat and transfer the rice pudding to a heat proof bowl and chill in the fridge.
- The rice pudding will thicken as it cools serve chilled and decorate with more raisins, pomegranate and almond slice if you wish.